Lets talk Power! First of all- great season finale! It was action packed, sealed up a few loose ends, and even left me with a few questions, which I think is good. A good indication of a successful season finale to me is whether or not I’m excited for next season- and lets just say I cant wait for season 5! Anyway, lets get into it!
- Am I the only one that was pissed at the opening scene with Tariq acting like he didn’t have any information? I wasn’t pissed because he didn’t tell the cops, I was pissed because I actually didn’t think he was going to do anything about his sister’s death…except keep running from Ray Ray. So, I’m like “Negro, are you really gonna sit here and do NOTHING, knowing that your sister is dead because of you?!” Call me crazy, but I was actually proud of him for going after Ray Ray on his own. Do I think it was risky and way too big a job for him to pull off? Yes, of course. But I appreciated his courage and him taking the initiative to seek revenge on the man that killed his sister. His utter stupidity has been pissing me off all season, but this is the one episode that I actually understood his logic: His sister got killed because of him, so he felt that HE needed to make it right. He felt responsible, he felt accountable- and this is the first time I’ve seen him like this all season. Again, it was a ballsy move, but I wasn’t mad at it. And hey, he completed his mission, so there’s that. Now he understands his family dynamic and he sees how everyone plays their role. Hopefully this will bring him and his dad closer. Btw, am I the only one that didn’t know he and Raina Were twins? I think they threw that in there for shits and giggles, cuz there’s no way we all missed that.
- Tasha… Man this woman takes us all on an emotional roller coaster. One episode we love her, next episode we hate her, then the next episode we love her again. I’d have to say she’s been upsetting us pretty consistently, but I swear I love to see her in boss mode. She was vulnerable in the car scene with Ghost and I teared up a bit (don’t judge me). But then she went into “Tasha from the block” mode when she was giving Tariq the step by step directions on how to wash the blood off of his hands- literally. It’s kind of crazy that Tasha’s biggest weaknesses are her biggest strengths. We want her to go clean and let go of the game- but then we need her to be the glue that holds it all together. We need her to come up with alibi’s, and burn the bloody clothes, and take the rap for her son, and the list goes on. Tasha made some poor decisions this season, but she will never disappoint us when it comes to riding for her family. There is no Ghost without Tasha. Period.
- Silver…boy BYE!! How convenient of a time for you to tell Tasha you “love” her. No one is buying your fake fairytale love story. And even if you do love her, too bad. Y’all could literally never last. You gave Tasha the ultimatum of lover or lawyer and she chose lawyer. Now let’s see if you can handle not mixing business with pleasure.
- Angela, here you go getting on our nerves again. We know that you still care deeply for Ghost but the way your job is set up… it’s not gonna happen. If you really wanted to help, you should have kept that comment about the bullet to yourself. You know good and well why Ray Ray is dead. Regardless of who killed him, you knew it would lead back to Ghost. So if you know he’s gonna get the death penalty if caught, what’s more important to you? Ghost’s life or justice? As Head of Criminal, I know that’s a tough call, so just stay the hell away from Ghost unless you really want to help him. Otherwise, you’re useless. Sorry.
- Dre. Dre. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a person to die more than I want Dre to die. The fact that he thinks he can ever outsmart Ghost or even Tommy is laughable. His whole macho man persona is a joke because he can’t even be “the man” when Ghost or Tommy is around. If you have to be a boss behind people’s back, you’re not a boss. Now, he’s pulled the Jimenez into this, knowing how ruthless they are and it’s going to come back and bite him in the ass. He’s definitely bitten off more than he can chew. Next season, he better die a hard, slow, torturous death! I’m excited to see how this relationship will play out between Tommy, Canan, and Ghost… I wouldn’t want beef with one of them. Now you put all three of them together?? That’s a problem I wouldn’t want to have. I feel bad for Dre…sike. I can’t wait for him to get what’s coming.
- This tracker on Tommy’s car is troubling me. I feel like Tommy is so flashy and out in the open, so he needs to take extra precautions to make sure he is crossing his t’s and dotting his I’s. With all the heat on them right now, I would think that everyone would be more careful…especially Tommy and Ghost. After the recording with Ruiz, I would think Tommy would go the extra mile to make sure he not being followed, recorded, etc. The fact that he doesn’t know or hasn’t checked for a tracker on his car is a rookie move to me.
- Now here are my questions: why is Ghost at Tate’s mercy? Tate he helped him with the Stern deal and made sure Ghost got his fair share and fair representation, but that’s it? I can’t imagine Ghost feels like he has to do whatever Tate says just for that “favor”? Am I missing something here?
- Who is this Maria character? I saw she dropped the plate in the last episode when she saw Ghost on the TV screen, and now she’s talking to Saxe and claiming to have info on Ghost. Why do I not remember her?
Okay, that’s all I have. I wanna hear your thoughts. Lets GO!