I’ve been wanting to make buffalo cauliflower for a while now after seeing one of my favorite YouTuber’s whip it up on her channel. Well last month I actually had buffalo cauliflower at a restaurant here in Atlanta and it was amazing! After that, I knew I had to make it!
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with non-meat options as a main course just to expand my palette. No, I’m not going vegan..or even vegetarian- I love meat and dairy way too much. I could probably do without chicken and I haven’t had pork in almost 15 years. But every now and then, I love a nice big medium rare steak or some juicy lamb chops. Plus I love seafood and I love cheese and cream- so the most I could do is be a pescetarian. Anyway, that’s not what this post is about- let’s talk buffalo cauliflower! Its super easy to make and is really very delicious!! I literally devoured it all by myself, and I’m not ashamed, it was that good! It’s not the most healthy recipe in the world, but hey… at least it’s cauliflower, right? Oh, and the answer is yes… I would take this over buffalo chicken. See below for the recipe and some pictures.
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk you can use regular milk or even almond milk if you'd like
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Combine the buttermilk, flour, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper in one bowl. Put the panko bread crumbs in another.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter and let any excess drip off. Then place the cauliflower in the panko and place on a pan with foil or on a wire rack (I used a wire rack). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- On the stove, bring the buffalo sauce, heavy cream and butter to a slow simmer. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and toss it in with the buffalo sauce. Place it back in the oven on broil for about 6-8 more minutes or until cauliflower is nice and crispy!
- Drizzle with ranch or bleu cheese, whichever you prefer, and enjoy! 🙂