Okay…seriously, can you believe I made these amazing guilt free muffins with NO flour and NO sugar?! If that doesn’t amaze you, then how about this: I mixed all of the ingredients together in a blender. Not a hand mixer, not the fancy Kitchen Aide stand alone mixer, but a blender! I think that in itself deserves a high five!!
I must admit, I got this idea from a recipe on Pinterest, but then I put my own little spin on it and it turned out amazing!! And it was so simple, I literally threw all of the items in a blender, greased a muffin pan, baked them for about 15-18 mins and then enjoyed!! I made them because I needed a quick breakfast-on-the-go option and this met all of my needs. The key ingredients were extra ripe bananas, oatmeal, honey, plain greek yogurt, and chocolate protein powder. I added in walnuts and chocolate chips but you can add in whatever you’d like. I think strawberries or blueberries would be yummy too.
You want to make sure you have a decent blender for this to work. I got my blender for about $40 on Amazon a few years ago and its still holding me down! Also you may have to keep stirring the ingredients to make sure everything mixes well, but other than that, you’re good to go. Check out the recipe below, I hope you enjoy!
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 extra ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp himalayan pink salt (or any sea salt)
- 1/2 cup add-ins I used walnuts and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a muffin tin. I used canola oil cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender (except the add ins) and blend on high speed. Stop the blender about every min or so to scrape down the sides and make sure everything is blended together and well incorporated. Once all the oats are completely broken down, fold the add ins into the mixture and your batter is ready to go!
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin, only fill about 2/3 because the muffins will rise in the oven. I sprinkled some more chocolate chips on top because... well, because it's chocolate. But that's optional 🙂 Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the top is set and chips are melted. Stick a toothpick in to make sure the center is cooked.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Def plan on trying this!! Looks amazing!
Courtney Consuella says
You’ll love it! Can’t wait for you to try it!