For as long as I can remember, cheesecake has been my all time favorite dessert. I made my first one back in high school and once I realized I could make them pretty good, I never stopped. I’ve made all kinds from classic, to strawberry, to Oreo, to pumpkin spice, to banana Nutella. I mean seriously, the options are tremendous.
After doing the Daniel Fast, I’ve been trying my best to stay as close to a plant based diet as possible- specifically no meat and no dairy. Does this mean no more cheesecake? Nope! After doing some research, I found a dairy free alternative using soaked cashews to replace the cream cheese. Now, I know that sounds crazy, but before you give me the side eye, just give this recipe a try! I wasn’t a believer until I made the cheesecake and believe it or not, it was AMAZING!
While it isn’t actual cream cheese, it’s just as creamy, decadent, and delicious as a traditional cheesecake- and much quicker to make. You only need the ingredients, a food processor (or blender) and a freezer- that’s it. My only advice is to eat it as soon as you remove it from the freezer because the semi frozen texture tastes much more like actual cheesecake. Once I let it cool down in the fridge for an hour or so, it tasted more nutty than creamy- I prefer creamy. Anyway, the recipe is down below. I hope you make it! 🙂
Dairy-Free No Bake Mini Cheesecakes!
- 1.5 cup soaked cashews soak for at least an hour
- 3/4 extra ripe banana
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 pitted dates
- 3 tbsp liquified coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 golden oreos remove the cream filling
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until they are crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix together to form the crust. Press the crust evenly into the muffin tin. Put muffin tin in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes. Tip: Add a strip of parchment paper at the bottom of each muffin tin so they are easier to remove when done.
- Put the soaked cashews, banana, strawberries, dates, maple syrup, agave, liquified coconut oil, vanilla extract, and juice of 1/2 lemon in the food processor and process until creamy. Slowly add the almond milk to create a more creamy consistency. Pour the filling into the crust and freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Carefully remove the cheesecakes from the muffin tin, top with fresh berries, take a picture and tag #cupofconsuella, then enjoy!