To be successful in any business, you need a defined brand, not just a logo. Read that again.
Branding is so important for business and many people underestimate just how crucial it is. Branding is more than just a logo. It’s understanding your identity, your vision, and your story. Then, it’s communicating those things to your current audience and those you wish to serve in the future. Branding defines who you are and leaves a lasting impression on your audience. Your brand should tell your story in a way that is consistent, unique, and authentic to who you are.
When I launched Cup of Consuella in the summer of 2017, I did not understand the importance of proper branding. I had my website built and thought that classified an established brand. I went a step further and had a logo designed, bought a professional camera to take pictures, and even got business collateral produced. I thought my branding was on par. Unfortunately, I thought wrong.
Fast forward 3 years later, I finally understand branding and why it is important. Thanks to my amazing graphic designer, Simple Blyss, my vision for my brand has come to life and I could not be happier. My website and all my digital products are in perfect synergy. I have logos and submarks that can be used across all types of collateral and still be on brand. I understand my brand aesthetic, my color story, and my brand’s overall mood, now everything I produce is in sync.
Now that I have confidently established my brand, I want to share four reasons branding is important:
- Branding lets your customers know what they can expect from you, which in turn, helps you set your own standard. Consistency and authenticity will win every time.
- Businesses with clear branding create raving fans, not just customers. Think about your favorite store and why you continue to support them. They are more than likely consistent, and their messaging resonates with you in a way that makes you inclined to support them, time and time again.
- Clear branding makes marketing to your audience easier. When you have a defined brand, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time you need to market a new product or service. If you already understand your brand aesthetic, any collateral you produce will be in sync. You will use your brand logo, your brand colors, and your brand aesthetic as your vehicle to deliver messages to your audience.
- A well-defined brand makes your company more valuable. When you know who you are, what your vision is, and what sets you apart- you instantly increase the value in your brand. Your audience will want to buy into it, and other companies will be more eager to work with you.
If you have a blog and want to build a business, ask yourself these 3 questions:
- What is my brand name and why?
- What is my brand vision/ mission statement?
- What value do I bring?
If you can answer these questions, then you are well on your way to creating an established brand. While you’re here, take a look around and let me know what you think of the new website. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Jasmine Stafford says
Loving the new website! And I am also in the process of a brand refresh I’m super excited!
Janet Montgomery says
I agree. People need to know & recognize the brand. Love your site.
Consistency is also a must.