**I am doing this blog post in partnership with Sanaia Applesauce. All opinions are my own**
Who says apple sauce is just for kids? The Sanaia Applesauce brand may be loved by kids, but it was definitely made with adults in mind! It is completely plant based, GMO free, and is packed with chunks of delicious organic granny smith apples. I enjoy snacking on all the exotic flavors like guava, hibiscus, and ginger, but I decided to make a warm fall “pick me up” using the unsweetened flavor and it was absolutely perfect. I made Spiced Cinnamon Apple Muffins and they were to die for! My entire house smelled like fall and I was in heaven! Head over to Walmart and grab some of this Sanaia applesauce and then meet me in the kitchen. Recipe below.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup Sanaia Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup Sanaia Unsweeteed Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Spiced Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Apple Cinnamon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (minus sugar): flour, oats, spices, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs. Add sugar, apple sauce, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Use your hands, not a stand mixer to avoid over mixing. Once well combined, stir into the dry ingredients, little by little, until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin, do not over fill. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, makeyour glaze. Combined remaining applesauce, powdered sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bold until well incorporated. Add more sugar if glaze is too runny.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool, then add glaze on top and enjoy!
Monique Elise says
I’ve been craving warmed apples for weeks! This sounds so tasty… I’m definitely going to try