I’ve had a long day at work and still have some emails to answer when I settle in at home. I pick Sanai up from daycare and she’s begging to have candy and pizza for dinner. I pull into the driveway and I want nothing more than to plop down on the couch and have a glass of wine. But as soon as I walk through the door, babe is asking “So, what are we having for dinner?”Does that sound familiar? If no, lucky you. If yes, then no worries, I have the perfect remedy: this delicious, quick, and easy shrimp pasta that is ready in 20 minutes. It has all the elements you need to make an amazing pasta: garlic, butter, lemon, cream, and wine. Of course, you have to save a glass to go with the meal 🙂 Just a point of information, this recipe works best if you buy your shrimp already deveined and easy to peel. Take off the shell, but leave on the tail- it keeps the flavor in the shrimp. Trust me on this. Also, make sure you buy real pasta, like the Buitoni pasta pictured below- not the box kind. Alright, I’m done being bossy. Full recipe is below so you can pull this together in no time then sit back and relax. I hope you enjoy!
Delicious Shrimp Pasta in 20 mins!
- 1 pack Raw Jumbo Shrimp deveined
- 1 9 oz pack Buitonni linguini
- 1 cup vebetable broth
- 1 cup white cooking wine (you can use regular wine)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp complete seasoning (Badia)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil your water for the pasta. While that is boiling, grate your Parmesan cheese and chop your asparagus into bite size pieces. Once water has come to a boil, add pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure you buy real pasta, not the kind in a box. Look for Buitoni brand, near the cheese aisle.
- Take the shell off the shrimp leaving the tail on. Make sure the shrimp is deveined. Season the shrimp with the dry seasonings and set aside. In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and saute minced garlic for 2 minutes. Add in shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Remove shrimp from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add remaining butter, asparagus, 1 cup of vegetable broth, juice of half a lemon, and 1 cup of cooking wine (or regular white wine). Bring to a boil and let simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk quickly so the cheese melts smoothly. Add in pasta and shrimp and mix until well combined. Top with parsley and enjoy!