The time of year has come for us to begin decking our halls with holiday décor and I couldn’t be happier. I’m a super festive person, especially with Thanksgiving & Christmas, so this is easily my favorite time of the year. I’ve had this vision in my head of a super luxe Christmas tree for this year, and I couldn’t wait to bring it to life. So much so, I put my Christmas tree up a week before Thanksgiving, as opposed to the day after Thanksgiving.
Now, I will say that I am not a Christmas tree expert by any means, but several people have inquired about what company I used to install my tree, so now I’m feeling pretty badass. I typically do a nice job on my Christmas trees, but I truly outdid myself this year with my luxe Christmas tree. I posted a tree reveal here on Instagram, and I got a lot of questions and comments about it, so I wanted to share a few things.
Keep reading below for some tips to help you achieve a luxe Christmas tree without breaking the bank.
- Choose a good quality tree. I know that quality usually equates to expensive, but you don’t have to break the bank for a quality tree. You can find nice trees at places like Kohl’s, Target, Walmart, or Best Choice Products, which is where this tree is from. My exact tree is linked here. I prefer flocked and pre lit trees. They make my life so much easier.
- Choose your color scheme in advance. This will help prevent you from getting distracted by the endless amounts of gorgeous Christmas décor right at your fingertips. I knew I wanted a feminine tree this year, and my husband gave me the go ahead, so I came up with a color scheme of pinks, blushes, golds, and silvers. Knowing those were my colors, I didn’t even pay attention to anything outside of that. Planning your color scheme for your luxe Christmas tree in advance will save you time and money in the end.
- Use faux florals. This is probably the most important tip. Adding faux florals to you tree will instantly take it from basic to luxurious. It also helps to add a fuller look to the tree since you stick the florals in any gaps or open spaces. This was a game changer. I start with Michaels for my florals because they always have a good variety. The florals typically range from $7-$15 each, but with a 50% off sale, you can rack up on quality faux florals at a discounted price. I also get florals from At Home, and Dollar Tree, because, well, $1 each. If you want a luxe Christmas tree, don’t skip out on the faux florals.
- Get a good mix of ornaments. My pro tip here is to overbuy ornaments. Worst case scenario, you can take back the ones you don’t use. I typically get ornaments from Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, At Home, and Amazon. Try to get a good mix of sizes ranging from small to extra-large. Play with textures and different hues of your chosen colors. For example, I had some ornaments that were satin, embellished, studded, furry, metallic, etc. This helps add dimension to your luxe Christmas tree. I also chose different hues of pinks and blush to give the tree more variety.
Here is the order I design my luxe Christmas tree:
- Fluff the tree. Don’t skimp on this. Take your time and try to make it look as full as possible. A full Christmas tree = a luxe Christmas tree, so fluff!
- Add your florals in the visible gaps of the tree. Make sure to space them appropriately. The florals are really the secret ingredient to designing a luxe Christmas tree.
- Finally add your ornaments. Strategically spread your ornaments throughout the tree. Look at the tree from a few feet away to get a full picture of where you need to add or remove.
That’s all! If you follow these tips, you will have a luxe Christmas tree just like this one. Speaking of Christmas, be sure to check out my holiday gift guide for some amazing gift ideas. Also be sure to pin this blog below so you can reference back to it in the future.