When’s the last time you had a fruit pizza? For a good majority of you, I’m going to guess never. Well, let’s change that. If you’re looking for a delicious plant based treat that is sweet, but not full of processed sugars, then look no further. This delicious fruit pizza will give you a new level of respect for a plant based diet.
I basically made the crust out of almond flour and a few other goodies. The sauce was my yummy apple butter, and the toppings were delicious fruit that I had on hand. For the apple butter, you will need to have some dates. I used Medjool dates, but you can use whichever you can find, just make sure they are pitted. This recipe makes a good amount of apple butter, so I actually put it in a jar and popped it in the fridge to use for later. If you don’t have almond flour, just pulse some almonds in your food processor until it resembles a coarse meal. You’re gonna love this, I promise. Keep reading for the recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Xo, Consuella ♥
Delicious Fruit Pizza
Apple Butter Sauce
- 8-10 Medjool Dates
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk sweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1.2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates chopped and pitted
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp almond milk sweetened
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rub olive oil around a small round 7-9" baking pan.
- Prepare your crust: add oats, almond flour, chopped dates, walnuts, fresh apple juice and almond milk into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball with a slightly doughy texture. Press the dough into the baking pan and poke holes all around the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges get slightly crispy. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your apple butter: add dates, diced apple, sliced strawberries, water, almond milk and cinnamon to a food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy. Spread the apple butter onto the cooled pizza crust and top with your choice of sliced fruit. Drizzle some of the remaining honey over the top of the pizza and enjoy.