I went on my normal bi weekly trip to the farmers market and my eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw that scallops were $9.99/lb. Yes, you read right, only $9.99/lb. I almost never buy scallops because they are usually overpriced (in my opinion), but this was a complete steal so I had to snag a pound. I’m so glad I did because this was one of the best meals I’ve made in a long time! Between the perfect sear on the scallops down to the delicious lemon garlic butter wine sauce I made, I was literally in foodie heaven.The key to my perfect pan seared scallops was this non stick free fry pan I got from Amazon. I read the reviews about this pan and decided to give it a shot since it was so cheap. After using it once, I literally fell in LOVE! Nowadays, anytime I pan sear anything, it’s in this pan. If you want to add this baby to your cookware collection, click HERE. Despite the pretty picture, this recipe was super easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Full recipe below, I hope you enjoy.Xo,
Pan Seared Scallops & Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese sprinkled
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb scallops
- package Buitoni linguini
Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Once sizzling, add crushed red pepper and garlic and then saute for about 1-2 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add 5 tbsp of butter, white cooking wine, salt and pepper. Once melted, add heavy cream and sprinkle in Parmesan cheese. Note: You should have two types of Parmesan cheese: 1) grated Parmesan cheese and 2) the Parmesan cheese like the one in pizza places that you just sprinkle on. In this step, you are using the Parmesan cheese that you just sprinkle on.
- Stir everything together and remove from heat once incorporated. Add grated Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. You can sprinkle in more of the other Parmesan cheese if you want more flavor.
Pan Seared Scallops
- Lay scallops out on a plate and pat dry with a paper napkin. Do not skip this skip this step! If your scallops have a lot of moisture, you will not get a perfect sear.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter and one tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
- Add the scallops to the pan in a clockwise motion and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Do NOT overcook the scallops. A good tip for that is to flip the scallops in the order that you put them in the pan.
- Remove the scallops from the pan once both sides are cooked and have a perfect sear.
- Please buy real pasta for this recipe, not the boxed kind. One of my friend Laci is an amazing cook and she happens to be Italian. She put me on to using real pasta and I've been hooked ever since. I use the brand Buitoni and they sell it at most all major stores (Pubix, Target, Walmart, Kroger).
- Boil the pasta for about 2-3 minutes and then add it to the sauce.
- Top the pasta with the pan seared scallops, sprinkle with a little more parsley and enjoy!