I tried Mexican street corn for the first time and O M G!! It was so bomb! This recipe takes something as simple as corn to a whole different level! This will be my dish at all the summer BBQs for the rest of 2017!! See below for the simple recipe!
Mexican Street Corn
- 4 ears corn
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 50 g basil leaves
- 1 drop olive oil extra virgin
- 4 oz Queso Fresco or Cotija Cheese freshly crumbled
- 1 tsp Chipotle pepper
- 1/2 lime
- diced cilantro to sprinkle
Make the corn
- Boil the corn for about 25 minutes or until it is fork tender. Once the corn is done boiling. Finish it off on a stove top grill (or George Foreman) to get grill marks on each side.
Make the sauce
- In a bowl, mix the mayo, minced garlic, and chipotle pepper until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, crumble up the queso fresco or cotija cheese. Be sure to use a shallow bowl so you can roll the corn in it.
Finishing the dish
- Brush the corn with the mayonnaise mixture then roll it around in the queso fresco. If you like more cheese, feel free to sprinkle more on top .
- Sprinkle the corn with more chipotle pepper. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top. Then garnish with diced cilantro.
- Last step: ENJOY!!